MISSIONS WEEK 2019 > UNSTOPPABLE LOVE
February 17 – 24, 2019
WHAT IS MISSIONS WEEK 2019 > UNSTOPPABLE LOVE?
Each February BridgePoint takes a break from the current sermons series, class schedules and group topics to take a pointed and passionate look at God’s heart for the whole world. This dedicated week is crafted around a three-fold goal:
- Broadly: To enhance our understanding of God’s heart for the whole world and the current outworking of that throughout the world
- Particularly: To grow in in our appreciation and partnership with BridgePoint-supported Ministry Partners serving throughout the world
- Personally: To deepen our active participation in the global advance of the Gospel
The schedule of Missions Week 2019 below is designed to those ends. Read through the schedule, mark your calendar and prepare your heart! The BridgePoint Missions Committee is praying that this week will kindle a renewed passion for, and participation in, God’s unstoppable love in us all.
SUNDAY MORNING KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
Missions Week 2019 features keynote speakers during the 9:30 and 11:00 am worship services on Sundays, February 17 and 24.
- Sunday, February 17: Keynote speaker David Reynolds. David and wife Cheryl-Ann are no strangers to BridgePoint having been a part of the BridgePoint family for many years. Following the Lord’s lead, David and Cheryl-Ann have invested the past 10 years of their lives serving with Operation Mobilization in some of the most difficult places in the world.
- Sunday, February 24: Keynote speaker Steve Richardson. Raised by missionary parents in a remote jungle setting and having served among unreached people groups in urban jungles around the world, Steve is currently the President of Pioneers-USA, a missionary organization with missionaries and marketplace professionals serving among almost 300 unreached people groups in more than 100 countries. Steve will also be the featured speaker at our Missions Banquet on Sunday evening, February 24th. (Details below)
MISSIONS-FOCUSED EQUIPPING CLASSES
Our normally scheduled Sunday morning Equipping Classes will be pre-empted for the two Sundays of Missions Week to provide for a series of missions-focused equipping classes. No advance registration is required for any of the missions-focused equipping classes. The list of classes includes:
- Lessons from the Field – A Panel Discussion with our Ministry Partners
Sundays, Feb 17 & 24 | 9:30 am & 11:00 am | Room B209
Come listen in on a Q&A with select panels of BridgePoint Ministry Partners as they discuss everything from calling, to spiritual warfare, to ways the Lord is at work in their ministries and more.
- Dog and Cat Theology
Sunday, Feb 17 | 9:30 am (for adults) | 11:00 am (for youth) | Youth Room
Taught by Perspectives class teacher and East-West Ministries staff member, Greg Despres. Dog and Cat theology is a fun, engaging and memorable way to understand God’s heart for the whole world as described in Scripture.
- Connecting with Internationals Here at Home
Sunday, Feb 17 | 11:00 am | Room A201
It is often said that the mission field has come to our doorstep, but we are often hesitant to connect because of language and/or cultural barriers. Taught by Zeke Zeiler of Bridges International and Jovin Adjeitey of Intervarsity Christian Fellowship, this class will provide very practical coaching in connecting across cultures.
- Praying for God’s Work Around the World
Sunday, Feb 24 | 9:30 am | Room A201
Prayer has been called the “nerve that moves the hand of God”, so how can we best partner in prayer with those serving around the world? This class, taught by Josh Howell, will provide tools, training and encouragement to greater prayer engagement in missions.
- God’s Call to World Missions
Sunday, Feb 24 | 11:00 am | Youth Room
Veteran missionary and global expert Bill Taylor will speak with our young people, and any interested adults, about the nobility and value of a life invested in God’s heart for the whole world, how to know if God is calling you to such, and how to best prepare for a missional life.
KEENAGERS MISSIONS WEEK LUNCHEON
Tuesday, Feb 19 | 10:00 am | BridgePoint Worship Center
Always a sweet time around the tables, our monthly senior adult gathering will include a presentation by Rabih Sabra on God’s work in Lebanon and interaction with many other Ministry Partners. Lunch is provided by North China (suggested donation $8). Registration is required. Childcare for Ministry Partners only. CLICK HERE or stop by the Missions Week table in the concourse to register.
WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY LUNCH FELLOWSHIP
Wednesday, Feb 20 | 10:00 am | BridgePoint Worship Center
Join the Women’s Bible Study for a fellowship lunch. No registration required. Childcare available by reservation. CLICK HERE to register for childcare.
MISSIONS WEEK FAMILY BREAKFAST
Saturday, Feb 23 | 9:00 am | BridgePoint Worship Center
Come enjoy a missions-focused breakfast with your family and your church family featuring Arlene Richardson (wife of Sunday speaker Steve Richardson) telling the amazing story of how the Lord used the combination of business and creativity to further His work. Registration is required and childcare is available through Pre-K with reservation. CLICK HERE to register for both.
MISSIONS WEEK 2019 > UNSTOPPABLE LOVE BANQUET
Sunday, Feb 24 | 5:30 pm | Omni Hotel
The culmination of Missions Week, the banquet will include a celebration of all of our Ministry Partners, special testimonies and presentations, keynote message by Steve Richardson, and great food and fellowship with the BridgePoint family. Banquet is FREE, but registration is required and childcare is provided at BridgePoint through 5thgrade by reservation. CLICK HERE or stop by the Missions Week table in the concourse to register for both.
Would you like to help with Missions Week 2019?
While the planning is complete, there are still many ways to help…helping with set-up, sign-up, transportation, decorations and much more. CLICK HERE if you’d like to help.