• 832.448.1330

  • Sundays 10:45 AM

Our Story

In the 1930’s, as Houston expanded westward, several key leaders envisioned a new church that would serve their growing community. Soon Spring Branch Community Church was planted on Long Point Road in the outskirts of Houston, meeting for the first time on August 9, 1933 in the home of Mrs. and Mrs. L. E. Kolbe. For the next seven decades, God faithfully grew this passionate community of Christ-followers. They planted churches throughout the greater Houston area, started camps and clubs and ministries, and sent hundreds of missionaries around the world.

But as Houston continued expanding, God continued moving people from around the world into our diverse city. And in 2002, God began calling us to move: to leave the Spring Branch community and plant ourselves in the fast-growing Energy Corridor. So we purchased land, designed a new facility, crafted ministry plans, built a new campus, changed our name, and finally said goodbye to our 74-year home in Spring Branch.

Then on June 10, 2007, we opened our new location along I–10 in west Houston. On that day, Spring Branch Community Church officially became BridgePoint Bible Church.

Ten years later, in August 2017, Hurricane Harvey flooded the city with record-breaking rainfall. Our building was flooded, and for 53 Sundays we worshipped off-site at a local high school. But in September 2018, we returned to our rebuilt facility to celebrate the faithfulness of God and relaunch our church with a fresh mission statement: making disciples of Jesus Christ from all nations.

Today BridgePoint sits at the center of the Energy Corridor in west Houston along one of the busiest interstates in the world. We have the privilege of representing Jesus and his gospel in the city of Houston, a global intersection of business, finance, medicine, technology, and culture. And we are thrilled to be here, surrounded by the nations of the world, because we know that Christ’s gospel is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes (Romans 1:16).