While it might seem as though BridgePoint Bible Church is the “new kid on the block” (having only moved to our Katy Freeway location in June 2007), BridgePoint is actually the “next step” in a visionary ministry to impact west Houston and beyond with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ that began 75 years ago.
In 1933, as the westward expansion of Houston was pushing toward the Spring Branch area, several key leaders envisioned a church that would embrace the needs and opportunities of the growing community. Shortly thereafter Spring Branch Community Church was planted on Long Point Road. That would be our home for the next 74 years.
Over those years God would grow a passionate community of Christ-followers who would be instrumental in planting a number of churches throughout the greater Houston area, sending hundreds of missionaries out to serve around the world, starting camps and clubs and more, all with a view to helping others take their next steps with God.
In 2002, as we began to pray and plan, God made it clear that He had a “next step” in mind for the entire church. Over the next 5 years the Lord would help us take many “God-sized” steps as we purchased land, crafted building and ministry plans, built our new campus, changed our name, said good-bye to our long-time home and moved to our new location on the Katy Freeway just west of Eldridge Road.
As evidence that God is “able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine”, BridgePoint Bible Church opened her doors on June 10, 2007! Convinced that “God loves us too much to leave us just like we are”, we anticipate many more corporate and individual steps of faith as He unfold our future!